Very Inspiring Blogger Award
A shout goes out to Raani York, http://raaniyork.wordpress.com, for nominating my blog series, The Champions Who Walked Among Us on my Walk On Blog for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
My Walk On series has turned out to be a big faith builder not only for myself, but for others as well. Examining the lives of women who have been forgotten or never recognized has awaken power and strength within me I did not know existed. The courage, persistence, endurance, faith, struggles,humility, gentleness, compassion and kindness exhibited in the characters of the Walk On women are rare jewels, which I hide in my treasure trove.
Thus, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award nomination from Raani York is very precious to me. Once again, I thank you Raani for this nomination and on behalf of all those women who rose above the ‘I can’t do,’ to the ‘I can do’ and opened doors that allows women today to move forward, I accept it.
Women like Sophie Germain, Sojourner Truth, Clara Barton, Madam C.J. Walker, Golda Meier, Marion Andersen, and all the other women I have covered so far did not have an easy life. They came up against incredible odds, but they kept going and changed the world.
So the rules are to post seven things about myself. Here goes,
- I love cats and had two of them, but I don’t have one at the moment.
- I am a fanatic when it comes to music and my tastes are universal.
- I drink at least four to five glasses of Lactose free milk per day.
- I read voraciously from all genres, both fiction and non-fiction and find it easy to lose myself in any book that I enjoy reading.
- I get a kick out of dancing, from waltzing to hip hop, I love it.
- I play chess, love bridge, bid whiz and spades.
- A good night with four hours of sleep makes me happy.
Raani’s idea of putting the links to the blogs was a great idea, and I decided to follow in her footsteps and do the same. Below are my nominees with their blog links, and please note I have not picked any of the blogs that Raani and I both follow. If I have not chosen your blog, it doesn’t mean that I don’t read your blog. It only means I have a limited number of blogs I can choose, and with sixteen I have already exceeded my limit.
1. Ellen Roberts Young - http://freethoughtandmetaphor.com
2. Tangie Bell - http://talktangie.com
3. Susan Scott - http://www.gardenofedenblog.com
4. Deirdre Tolhurst - http://www.deirdretolhurst.blogspot.de
5. Tracee Ford – http://traceeford.wordpress.com
6. Gwynn Rogers - http://gwynnsgritandgrin.com
7. Carol Child - http://salmonsaladandmozart.com
8. Louise Malbon-Reddix - http://healingintheheart.blogspot.de
9. Mary Helen Ferris - http://greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com
10. Selasie Bulumo - http://selasiebulmuo.wordpress.com
11. Hodge Podge for the Soul -http://hodgepodge4thesoul.wordpress.com
12. Cristian Mihai -http://cristianmihai.net
13. Linda Yeazak - http://lindayezak.com
14. Elaine Couglar -http://elainecougler.wordpress.com
15. Marta Merajver Kurlat - http://www.martamerajver.com.ar/marta/index.php/hometop
16. Joy at 60 - http://joyat60.wordpress.com
Walk On, People, Walk On!
- beatredundancyblues Won The Very Inspiring Blogger Award (beatredundancyblues.wordpress.com)
- A Very Inspiring Blogger Award (transcendingbordersblog.wordpress.com)